Impaired Driving

Impaired driving charges can affect an individual in many ways. A loss of driving privileges, licence suspension or serving jail time can have a severe impact on your job, your domestic relationships and your reputation.

My name is Michel Fontaine and I have spent over 30 years as an experienced criminal defence lawyer. I have dedicated my firm, Michel Fontaine, Criminal Lawyer, to developing the best legal strategy possible on issues such as:

  • Driving while intoxicated by alcohol
  • Driving under the influence of drugs
  • What to do after you have been charged
  • Refusing To Provide A Breathalyzer Sample

If a law enforcement officer requests a breath sample, there has to be reasonable grounds that you have consumed alcohol.

If this test is requested on the road, you do not have the right to consult a lawyer beforehand. If the request is made at the police station, you may consult a lawyer before answering. In either scenario, refusing to provide a sample may result in criminal charges.

I have provided legal advice to clients on the best responses to protect their interests. For example, in order to demand a breathalyzer test, were your constitutional rights and freedoms infringed upon? Would you know the answer to that? Would a police officer?

Careful Examination of the Law

Effective defences are always built on details. This is what you will receive from me — an in-depth, intense analysis of your impaired driving charge, and how the legislation or procedures may or may not apply.

I know that many clients are not familiar with criminal law. I make it my duty to break down the complexities of the charges against you. My firm will also discover any grey areas in the prosecution’s case. For every question you ask, I will provide you with an answer — whether it’s on the status of your case, the defence strategy or what the potential outcomes for your case might be. You will always know what is going on and why we’re doing it that way.

Call Michel Fontaine, Criminal Lawyer

Give my firm a call at 1-800-419-7753 or 780-424-8600 and find out how we can help.You can also use our online form or send us an email to arrange a
Contact Us